Holiday season means that many people are either visiting friends and family or they have friends and family visiting them. It is important to have your guests feel as comfortable as possible and I am here to tell you how. Here are 10 tips on how to make your guests feel at home this holiday season:
1. If possible, use two twin beds instead of a queen or a king bed giving your guests the option to sleep separately. The twins can be pushed together to make a king bed for couples.
2. Provide your guests with extra sheets for more comfort, they always have the choice to add or remove sheets to their preference.
3. Provide your guests with extra towels, fresh and fluffy, they will certainly appreciate it.
4. Always leave extra pillows on the bed. Don't wait for your guests to ask for them. They always have the option to take some off if they don't want to use all of them.
5. Leave an alarm clock in your guests bedroom, chances are they are jet-lagged and need something to wake them up.
6. Leave your guests some candles and relaxing bath salt to unwind after a long flight or after some uncomfortable family interactions.
7. give your guest some nice toiletries such as lotions, soaps, shampoos, and perfume. Also, don't forget an extra toothbrush and toothpaste.
8. Leave some fresh flowers in your guests bedroom and bathroom, it will make them feel even more at home.
9. Have some ready clothes hangers, slippers, and a robe for your guest to use, or not, but at least they will have that option. Chances are they did not bother to pack these things in their weekend bag.
10. Leave your guests some light reading books or some magazines. If they have trouble sleeping in a strange bed this might entertain them until they fall asleep.
Follow these tips and your guests will definitely leave your home feeling great about staying there. A good idea is to make your guests a nice little kit that includes all of these things listed. Think of your guest comfort as your own. Wouldn't you like all these things available to you if you were visiting friends or family?